The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It | Review & Score

About: The Warrens investigate a murder that may be linked to a demonic possession.

As much as I have adored The Conjuring movies, THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT is my least favorite of the three. The first two were just so well done from top to bottom. I'm not sure what happened here, but it just didn't feel like a Conjuring movie.

The performances from Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga remain top notch, but the problem here is that the story is very messy. It's not a bad story, but how it was told felt very muddled with too many common cliches within the horror genre being present. The first two films felt so fresh within that I think we had way too high of hopes for this third entry. Not only that, but it all felt rushed.

The visuals are flawless, but the story is just done in a messy way. The real life story this film is based on has a much darker tone and reach to it, with this, they just missed the overall 'beat'. Which is why I feel they just rushed through the production of The Devil Made Me Do It. However, if you're a Conjuring fan, you'll watch and probably enjoy it for the most part. But, if you're in my line of thinking, you'll see where I'm coming from. Maybe.

2.5/5

Comments

Trending