Immaculate | Review & Score

About: Cecilia, a woman of devout faith, is warmly welcomed to the picture-perfect Italian countryside where she is offered a new role at an illustrious convent. But it becomes clear to Cecilia that her new home harbors dark and horrifying secrets.

I'm not normally a religious horror kind of guy when it comes to movies, but IMMACULATE was a nice surprise hit for me, at least in some strong parts.

Firstly, Sydney Sweeney gives a real great performance as Cecilia. The ending irritated me, only for the fact that they didn't show the demon baby. I wanted to see that grotesque little bastard so bad and was hoping they'd show it. But damn, no show. Oh well, the rest of the film was pretty good.

Sweeney has really been putting in the work as of late and choosing some real diverse roles. She's gone from erotic drama to rom-com to horror and I hope she sticks with the latter. Sydney Sweeney RULES the horror genre, along with Mia Goth. Goth deserves her flowers as well, what a talent. But, we're here to discuss Immaculate and how good it was.

Immaculate has taut acting, direction, atmosphere and a few parts scared the shit outta me in the theater. Fun fact, this was my first theater experience in over a decade. What a welcome back. Haha. What really brought me to the film was the fact Sweeney was in it and it was a horror movie. For those who don't know, horror is my jam. My favorite genre. Been that way since I was a teenager.

I don't wanna give away spoilers because its still a fairly newer movie that just came away from theaters recently and into your homes. All I will say is this, if you love horror, religious horror, demon pregnancies, Sydney Sweeney, dark atmosphere and a lot of SCREAMING - Immaculate is just for you.

But I'm still mad about them not showing that grotesque demon baby on camera.

3.5/5

Comments

Trending