The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare | Review & Score

About: The British military recruits a small group of highly skilled soldiers to strike against German forces behind enemy lines during World War II.

By far the most fun I've had at the theaters this year and in a while.

I went and saw this Guy Ritchie masterpiece back on my birthday back in April and I had no idea about this movie until I saw a clip of it on Tik Tok and it looked really interesting. I'm a massive enthusiast of World War I, II and that whole era. So, therefore... Guy Ritchie. World War II. Superman with a neat ass mustache. I'm sold as fuck.

THE MINISTRY OF UNGENTLEMANLY WARFARE is pretty much Guy Ritchie's version of Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds and it delivers just as much visceral thrills, raspy dialogue and extremely fun characters much like Basterds. I had a blast from start to finish. It's balls-to-the-wall and doesn't take itself seriously at all and I love every second of it.

Henry Cavill, Alan Ritchson and Guy Ritchie all deserve awards for this. Give them ALL of the awards.

This may go down as my favorite film of 2024. Maybe even one of my absolute favorite films of all time. Easily my favorite and will be my go-to Ritchie movie in the future. I love MANY Ritchie movies, he's one of my favorite directors, but this might be his true crowning achievement in filmmaking. I'm gonna be straight up with you all, we needed a movie like this now. It's ridiculously fun on every level.

Everyone in the theater, right along with me, was enjoying every second of this film. I love that kind of energy when I go to the theater. We need a lot more of this kind of energy in theaters. If you haven't seen this glorious piece of art, please rent or buy this right after reading this review. It deserves all of the attention. So good.

5/5

Comments

Trending