Scream | Ranked

Let's rank the Scream slasher franchise...

Wes Craven... Kevin Williamson... I thank you. You gave me my ultimate meta-slasher franchise. SCREAM is one of the best to ever do it, in any generation. In this case, its my generation. Wes Craven, the genius mind behind Ghostface and his shenanigans, has crafted a legendary tale of menace.

With that, I will rank what I believe are the BEST of the Scream franchise.

Enjoy! Also... what's your favorite scary movie?

6. SCREAM VI (2023)
About: The survivors of the Ghostface killings leave Woodsboro behind and start a fresh chapter in New York City.

SCORE: 3/5

5. SCREAM V (2022)
About: 25 years after a streak of brutal murders shocked the quiet town of Woodsboro, Calif., a new killer dons the Ghostface mask and begins targeting a group of teenagers to resurrect secrets from the town's deadly past.

SCORE: 3.5/5

4. SCREAM 3 (2000)
About: While Sidney and her friends visit the Hollywood set of Stab 3, the third film based on the Woodsboro murders, another Ghostface killer rises to terrorize them.

SCORE: 3.5/5

3. SCREAM 2 (1997)
About: Two years after the first series of murders, as Sidney acclimates to college life, someone donning the Ghostface costume begins a new string of killings.

SCORE: 3.5/5

2. SCREAM (1996)
About: A year after the murder of her mother, a teenage girl is terrorized by a masked killer who targets her and her friends by using scary movies as part of a deadly game.

SCREAM: 4/5

1. SCREAM 4 (2011)
About: Ten years have passed, and Sidney Prescott, who has put herself back together thanks in part to her writing, is visited by the Ghostface Killer.

SCORE: 4/5


OVERALL ANALYSIS
Definitely my favorite slasher franchise, by far. I was introduced to SCREAM back around mid 2000s. I saw the third movie first, then first and then second. I genuinely like all the films of the franchise fairly the same, but number four is just incredible in every way imaginable. To this day, Sidney Prescott is my favorite and who I believe is the greatest 'final girl' of all time. She's tough, clever, badass and also quite attractive. I'm also a big Stu and Dewey fan. But yeah, the best slasher franchise ever, and remains to be the most popular of all time.

Thank you Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson. You geniuses.

Comments

Trending