Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | Review & Score

About: Still reeling from the loss of Gamora, Peter Quill rallies his team to defend the universe and one of their own - a mission that could mean the end of the Guardians if not successful.

The best Marvel movie since Spider-Man 2. Hands down. Not even Endgame can touch this. Now, for me, the Avengers movies weren't very good. I just couldn't get into them at all. However, Endgame was pretty investing. Probably because it was presented as the 'last of everything' kind of ordeal. With that said, it's not touching anywhere close to how GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 is.

Like I said, Vol. 3 is the best Marvel associated movie I've seen since Spider-Man 2 wayyy back in 2004. Yeah, that long. Again, just my own opinion. Vol. 3 has everything you want in a movie, entertainment value, action, drama, horror (in some ways), killer acting, storytelling, soundtrack and just about everything in between. James Gunn absolutely knocked it out of the park with this one. Arguably, the best Guardians movie of the trilogy.

I think it's mostly the characters for me. These characters are just so well written and performed. They're so damn likable. They blend well with one another, they hired the right actors for each role, it's all just so f*cking good! I can't stand it sometimes. I'm a sucker for strong, well written, lovely characters when it comes to cinema. Sue me twice. Vol. 3 hits all the right notes when the notes need to be hit.

The story with Vol. 3 really revolves around Rocket and how he came to be. It's a truly sad story, but told so freaking well. Kudos to Gunn. So, this title should have been 'Rocket of the Galaxy' am I right? But, yes, the story mainly revolves around Rocket.

One new character I enjoyed, and loved his story arc throughout the movie, is Will Poulter's Adam Warlock. Warlock reminded me a lot of Homelander from The Boys. He's literally Marvel's version of Homelander and I was all for it. He wasn't portrayed hard as a piece of shit like Homelander is, but they put a bit of a softer, wittier spin on that type of character. Loved that character and performance.

The villainous portrayal of The High Evolutionary from Chukwudi Iwuji is damn near breathtaking. One of the best villains I've seen in any movie. Iwuji knocked it out of the park. That character is truly one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen. So well done. And a large heads up... he's going to piss you off so bad throughout this movie. Fare warning. Big warning. Don't look away though, I know you'll be a bit upset, probably a lot. It's okay. You'll make it. I promise. But yeah, a great villainous performance. Truly.

I don't wanna dive too into each little detail, because this review is being posted during opening weekend. Sorry all. But trust me when I say, if you're a Marvel fan, you're gonna be VERY happy with Vol. 3. I firmly believe that with my whole heart. It's so fun, heartwrenching, heartwarming, heartattacking - all in the good name of cinema. Yay yay yay. DIG IT!

Now, let me tell you one more thing - this is a bit of a dislike for me, but it's very slight. The run time I didn't have much of an issue with, is how they used it overall. Some parts dragged a bit longer than they really should have. But that really doesn't take much away from my score below. Just a slight dislike. Very slight. So small. Tiny even.

5/5

Comments

Trending